Health Analytics - postgraduate internship
In 2020 LCP launched our Heath Analytics practice, providing analytical and research services for organisations across the life sciences and healthcare industries. Our team brings together clinicians, statisticians, epidemiologists, health economists and health data scientists alongside our established actuarial, analytics and technology teams to deliver new solutions for the fundamental challenges in health.
Our team’s mission is to help move health systems from importers of illness to exporters of health and to support our clients to deliver value to patients. We have already developed a track record for leading approaches to real world evidence generation, health economic modelling and innovative reimbursement design.
What do we do?
- LCP’s Health Analytics team works across the healthcare and life sciences markets, combining health expertise with innovative approaches from our work in other sectors to tackle leading health issues. Our main areas of work include:
- Design and simulation of reimbursement models including outcome-based agreements
- Health economic modelling
- Risk prediction and modelling
- Forecasting disease burden, healthcare demand and cost
- Real world evidence studies using electronic healthcare records, registries, biobanks and databases
What will you be doing?
As an intern in the Health Analytics department, you will join a team of clinicians, statisticians, epidemiologists, consultants, health economists, and health data scientists working to deliver new solutions for the fundamental challenges in health. You will most likely be working “hands on” with real world data sources, planning and carrying out analyses using R, SQL, or Python, and helping to turn results into insights for stakeholders by creating data visualisations and writing reports and scientific publications. As an intern, you will be given upfront training to give you an understanding of the work we do.
What skills, qualities and experience are we looking for?
- You should possess a 2:1 degree or better in a numerate or scientific subject or Medical degree (MBBS, MBChB or equivalent) with evidence of strong quantitative skills (e.g. A-level Mathematics or Statistics or a university module with a high mark). A health-related Masters degree or PhD (e.g. Statistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Data Science, Health Economics, Medicine) is desirable.
- Experience in the healthcare and/or life sciences industry is desirable.
What’s in it for you?
As well as gaining a valuable insight into the work we do in this area, you will get to experience a fun, collaborative, people orientated business environment. We offer an attractive internship remuneration.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation